Admittedly, I was not great about maintaining this blog in 2013. But with a new year comes (many) new resolutions, and one of mine is to continue blog.
According to science you are more likely to follow through on your resolutions if you tell people about them, so in that spirit I am posting, for all the world to see, my 2014 Resolutions:
1. Blog More. At least once a week. Ta da! I’m already all set on this one for the week of 1/12.
2. Read 52 books. Last fall I found myself in a Netflix vortex (not as cold as a polar vortex but equally difficult to escape!) which I blame largely on The West Wing. 2014 is going to be a year of reading. In fact, I’ve already read 4 books: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, a modern adaptation of The Jungle Book; I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron, a memoir clearly marketed to the over-60 set but which I nevertheless found simultaneously funny/horrifying; Highland Fling by Nancy Mitford, a comedy of manors set in a Scottish manor; and Commencement by J. Courteney Sullivan, a novel about 4 Smith college grads in their twenties. 4 down, 48 to go!
3. Travel somewhere I’ve never been before. This should be easy, as I’m currently deciding between Portugal, Morocco, and Switzerland for my February half term. Any suggestions??
4. Try 1 new recipe a week. I enjoy cooking a whole lot more than I expected to after four years of dining hall dependancy, but I do find myself in the occasional rut of quesadillas and quinoa stir fries. I’m looking for recipes that are fairly quick, fairly simple (I’m no Ina – yet!), and vegetarian – or even better, vegan! Suggestions much appreciated 🙂
5. Floss more. Boring, but in my few short months in this so-called real world I’ve discovered that much of adulthood consists of boring tasks (oh hey, washing the dishes). gingSo I’m aiming for 3x a week to start. Sigh.
So there they are, my resolutions for the coming year. I have a feeling it’s going to be a good one. Roll on, 2014!